10 Tips to Create a Website for Your Startup business
Website design is the foundation of your online presence. A well-designed website can help you attract new customers, generate leads, and professionally showcase your business. However, creating a website isn't as easy as just picking a template and clicking away.
In this blog, we have gathered 10 tips that will help you create a website that is both visually appealing and functional. From understanding the importance of SEO to choosing the right domain name, we cover everything you need to create a website that represents your brand well!
Here are 10 tips to create a website for your startup business:
- Choose a domain name that is relevant to your business.
- Create a website design that is both visually appealing and user-friendly.
- Use online resources, such as ThemeForest, to find free or inexpensive templates and graphics.
- Construct your website using WordPress, an open-source content management system (CMS).
- Utilize social media platforms, such as Twitter and LinkedIn, to help you grow your business.
- Design a user-friendly, mobile-responsive website that allows visitors easy access to content and the phone number/email address of the sole contact person at all times. This will ensure your website is always available when people are searching for information about you or checking up on current activity about your company in general.
- Ensure basic security measures such as updating passwords, training staff members as per company and industry policies, or even educating staff on cyber security is done as soon as possible upon incorporation.
- Put a halt to spam-based emails, for example, an offer of "possible" job opportunities without a direct reference to your business. Also understand that non-secured email systems are vulnerable especially the ones that use POP3 protocol such as Gmail SMTP (outgoing) servers cannot prevent malicious users from sending you bulk messages with false sender information, which can be anything from "job openings" to a message to keep you away.
- A website should indicate the following: name of business or company registered; relevant contact details (phone and address); links vis-à-vis social media channels, any news/update(s) on website updates, and other pertinent data about your organization such as a link for downloads, latest first-year report, etc.
- Do not rely on a spam filter because it may not be able to recognize legitimate e-mails. For instance, in case you use Gmail for your business email, then chances are Google does not know about the Trojan spyware attached to every single mail when opening up Gmail.
In conclusion, creating a website isn't as easy as just picking a template and clicking away. So, in this blog, we have gathered 10 tips that will help you create a website that is both visually appealing and functional. For more details, please do contact us.